Salvadorans abroad will invest $2.8 million in beach resorts

USA. On El Flor Beach, in Acajutla, Sonsonate, Armida Lazo will invest $2 million in the Knudsen Beach Ranch, while Rafael Orellana will invest $800,000 in a recreational center in La Libertad.

The Knudsen ranch has a 40% construction budget, and the Salvadoran company plans to invest the remaining 60% of its investment in more cabin areas, a social event space, and converting it into a larger family tourist center.

«I came on vacation at the beginning of this year with my family and I fell in love with this place; this same year I bought it and I want to expand it much more. With the government of President Nayib Bukele, security has changed greatly, which gave me confidence in returning to invest,” said Lazo.

The Salvadoran businesswoman has spent the last 40 years of her life in New Jersey, where she has worked in the restaurant industry.

For his part, the president of the Export and Investment Promotion Agency of El Salvador (Proesa), Salvador Gómez Góchez, indicated that this new investment has been motivated by the Surf City government project, which shows the world the tourist potential of the Salvadoran coast from east to west.

In addition, he affirmed that the security levels motivate more Salex investors to return to the country. “The security that our country is experiencing is motivating more Salex to join economic development through their investments, which are generating many jobs in their places of origin,” he added.

Rafael Orellana, who lives in San Antonio, Texas, invests $800,000 in an exclusive recreational center for foreign tourists in La Libertad’s coastal area.

Six rooms are being renovated on the property, and three more will be built, which will be available for rent to foreign citizens, primarily from the United States and Canada, for four to six months.The focus is to rent to people who are on long vacations, Proesa said.

«50 years ago I lived in San Antonio Texas, I was in the forums that Proesa held in the United States. That encouraged me and gave me confidence to invest; I have also experienced the security achieved by President Nayib Bukele, who has brought peace of mind to all of El Salvador,” Orellana said.

The investor also invited other Salvadorans to invest in the country. “I invite more Salvadoran brothers who are anywhere in the world to come back and invest in the country; this is the moment because there is confidence and freedom to do so without any danger,” the businessman concluded.